Skip to main content

Rinse and Repeat

I wrote this nine weeks ago according to the Instagram time log. My soul is currently in deep anguish and these words of mine (really HIS Words to me), are now reminders of HIS Way and healing for my weary soul.

Oh, that I would cling to HIS Truth. Oh, that I would teach our children to look to their Heavenly Father when they cannot hear, feel, experience, be led by their earthly Father!

Amazing how HE prepared me for this time (I hate admitting that...because this all seems SO wrong!)!

Rinse and Repeat....."HE is faithful, but we must be looking for it!"

My prayer is that you would build your life on that solid rock (Jesus Christ), so that when life's storms come your way, you will not be destroyed (Matthew 7:24-25)!

In one instance the temporal things of this world are dashed and the eternal is all that matters!

Here is my post from nine weeks ago:

Then I wake up to a day that tempts me to despair. My flesh is screaming to be ruled by my emotions and insecurities, a gloomy and cloudy day indeed! HE gave me this day to choose HIS TRUTH over the lies of the devil that I am being fed. An opportunity to walk in a deeper faith with HIM, and through HIS Strength. To trust that the Son is fixed behind this passing cloud. HE went before this day to prepare my soul to choose HIM. HE is faithful to encourage my desperate soul, if only I will lift my eyes to the hills, where my help comes from (Psalm 121, Hebrews 12:2). When I am tempted to despair, HE is my hope...HE is the only hope I have (Hebrews 6:19, 1 Peter 1:3)! I stand before the throne of my Father God, beautiful and blameless because of my Savior Christ's Righteous covering (Zechariah 3:3-7, Romans 6:11-13). Is there any greater love and care for me than this? Any better love story you can think of?

I RINSE my soul with these words, volume on high:
"Nothing is impossible
Every chain is breakable
With You, we are victorious
You are stronger than our hearts
You are greater than the dark
With You, we are victorious

We are more than conquerors, through Christ
You have overcome this world, this life
We will not bow to sin or to shame
We are defiant in Your name
You are the fire that cannot be tamed
You are the power in our veins
Our Lord, our God, our Conqueror"
(More Than Conquerors, Rend Collective Experiment)

Then I REPEAT until my heart believes what HE sings over me.
Some days I need the RINSE and REPEAT cycle to believe HIS Truths! Some days the faith comes easier. When the battle is hot, and your soul becomes weary, RINSE it in HIS Truth and REPEAT if necessary! HE is faithful, but we must be looking for it! (Romans 8:31-39 AMP)

Comments

Jacqueline Pate said…
Oh Kristin, such a good word! An encouragement to all our hearts and I pray to yours especially. The Lord has truly given you the gift of writing. Continuing to pray for you all the time. Love you.
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for sharing your heart! Your words are beautiful and inspiring. You have no idea how many people are praying for you and your family. I know God is watching over y'all (psalm34:18). I'm praying you feel His presence and love.
Unknown said…
Thank you sweet Jacqueline! Your prayers are always welcomed!

Popular posts from this blog

Jump a little higher

  So, here she stands, at the edge of her fear.  She contemplates if she has what it takes to jump.  She carefully moves to the end to see how far down she is going to fall.  After a careful evaluation, she decides it best not to jump.  Through the course of the evening I watched her repeat this process, only to return to the dock, unsuccessful each time.  Then, the unthinkable happens right in front of my eyes.   She is pushed.  She had been working up the courage to jump, and instead of faith and patience, she received a careless shove.  She came up out of the water in tears, with fear in her eyes.  My heart broke for my precious P.  She is my child, and is inclined to the same fear struggles that her mama has walked with for 32 years.   I don't remember if her Daddy had a lot of words to say to her, but I do remember what happened next.  You see, his style was always example with few words.  He spoke volumes through a life well lived, without ever having to announc

Resolution: Marriage

I so wanted to write this post before today, but with New Year's resolutions, who cares when you actually start them!!!  I am honestly encouraging a life change, not just a New Year's resolution that will quickly be dropped and the old habit easily picked up again.  I am writing to all you married folks out there.  I am going to write a plea from someone who wishes she could make changes in her marriage today.  Yet, that opportunity was stolen from me this August and I wish, with all my being, that I had the chance to be a different wife to my precious Conner.  I wish that I had the opportunity, as you do, to make a conscientious decision to change my behavior towards, and my thought pattern about my dear husband!   It's like that song, "You don't know what you got 'til it's gone," but with greater pain than can be explained in words.  Words can't even come close to describing the pain of losing him! I would love for you to pause right here

The Power Within

As I sit in my bedroom floor, here at 9:30 PM, writing this blog post, I am so deeply saddened to be here alone.  I honestly do not have the words to describe my feelings for my husband and the hole that I now have in my soul because of his absence.  He was the greatest man that I have ever known.  He was used by God to usher me into a deep relationship with the Lord and I do not know how I can possibly spend the rest of my life without him.  With all that said, I know in the deepest part of my soul that God will carry me the rest of my days. I did not start out with great security in my spiritual life that I have today.  You see, I used to (and am sure I still do) have some really messed up views of God and who He is.  As I look back over the past 10 years of my life I can see God's Hand at work, many times through Conner, to right my wrong assumptions of who He was.  Hurt, fear and pain can work overtime to thwart our views of God.  If we are not careful to seek Truth when